Constructed of stone with the idea that “it would be as solid as the 4-H ideals themselves,” Upshur Cottage was dedicated in October, 1923. This was the third dormitory cottage to be erected on the Jackson’s Mill campus.
Its construction was funded by 4-H and other groups in Upshur County. Like many other buildings at Jackson’s Mill, Upshur Cottage was designed on a variation of the ‘cottage’ style of architecture. The interior is divided into various sized dormitory rooms. Since its construction, the building has been remodeled and modernized several times.